PTO & Safe Grad
- About the PTO
- PTO Board & Representatives
- PTO Funding Requests
- 2018-2019 Meeting Schedule
- Safe Grad Committee
The PTO’s mission is to operate exclusively for charitable, educational, or literary purposes ….
- by conducting supporting activities which benefit, perform the functions of, or carry out the purposes of, the William Hall High School
- to promote the welfare of the students through the coordination and cooperation of students, parents, teachers, other citizens of the Town of West Hartford and the West Hartford Board of Education;
- and to make the school the center of student life by assisting with certain school activities.
Among the PTO’s recent contributions:
- Communication, Connection & School Pride
- A weekly eblast with highlights of current events and ways to get involved which is available to all Hall families
- Baked goods and snacks for a number of events throughout the year including Freshman Orientation, Curriculum Night, and Conferences
- School bling that promotes school spirit (e.g., shopping bags, backpacks and sunglasses with the Hall logo)
- Special Programs:
- Speakers and educational events, collaborating with Conard High School
- Teen Driving and Behavior Awareness Programs for parents and families.
- Funds to support artists and authors in residence
- Faculty & Staff Appreciation:
- Host the teacher and staff welcome back luncheon in the fall
- Teacher-appreciation breakfast in the spring
- Student Enrichment Activities:
- Fully fund and staff Safe Grad
- Support many student activities, including Fall Fest/Spring Fling
- Operate the Hall High Concession Stand for sporting events
- Equipment & Capital Investments:
- $10,000 donation to improve the fitness center
- A new poster printer to share information with students
- A portable PA system
- Recent updates to the faculty lounge
Our Board Members got involved to learn, to meet other parents, to help out or make things better, and to put their skills to good use.
All of our volunteers work (at home, in the community, and/or in paid roles) and give time above and beyond those commitments. Whatever your availability – a
few hours or bandwidth to take on a bigger project – we very likely have opportunities that match your interest, skills and desired commitment of time and
Communications: Nancy Hunt, Catherine Flavin
Membership - Randi O’Brien, David Goldberg, Monica Erhlich
Hospitality - Suzanne Tripp, Karen Hoopes
Programming/Community of Concern- Patti Hoppin, Traci Friedman, David Goldberg
Concessions - Phil Rothstein, Louise Theodosio
Merchandise - Karen Tiernan, Marcella Nash
Corresponding Secretary - Shelley Mendoza
Recording Secretaries - Brenda Barrows, Barbara Boyd
Treasurers - Laura Harker, Jane Robinson
Past President (ex-officio) - Anna Webersen
These roles are liaison or other special roles, which enable coordination of PTO activities with other entities.
Representative to FWHPS - Julie Levine
PT Council - Kim Vincent
Teacher Appreciation - Nadia Vidal
Health Advisory Counsel - Carolyn Martindale
WH Education Scholarship Fund - Erin Striff
Safe Grad Chairs - Amy Cubbage, Lisa Greene
Representative to the Foundation for West Hartford Public Schools: Erin Striff
PT Council: Clark Finley, Bronwyn Rolon
Freshman Orientation August (first day of school): Amy Cubbage, Lisa Greene, Mario Mesia
Teachers Appreciation: Becky Azia
Health Advisory Council Representative: Louise Teodosio
West Hartford Education Scholarship Fund Representative: Karen Zelman
These are a few of the reasons that PTO Board members got involved. What is yours?
The PTO board reviews and votes on all funding requests. Funding requests are checked in terms of alignment to our mission, value to the broader Hall HS community, and return on the investment.
To request funds from the PTO, please complete the PTO Fund Request Form and submit it to the PTO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All families are asked to join and become members of the PTO. When you join, PTO members will receive a copy of the Hall Directory, which helps to support
To Join Online
Donate at whatever level makes sense to your family (donations have ranged from $5 to $500).
Or, if you prefer paper, you send this complete form along with your check made out to the Hall PTO to the office or to a meeting.
Donations collected through our membership drive fund activities and programs that would not otherwise be funded by WHPS.
Meetings start with the President’s Report, and continue to open dialogue and debate about timely issues in each area (e.g. programming, hospitality, communications, etc.).
Our meetings are casual and positive, yet productive and focused. Meetings begin at 7 PM and end by 8:30 PM. We start and stop on time, and get stuff done. All are welcome. There are plenty of seats. Come observe, ask questions or raise suggestions. Please watch the eblast for details on location, as the room may change.
October 9, 2018
November 11, 2018
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Each year on graduation night, Hall High School graduates are treated to a fun-filled evening of entertainment, activities, prizes, and delicious food. The Hall High cafeteria is transformed into an amazing, chaperoned, substance-free celebration for graduates from 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM
Current Documents and Order Forms:
- Safe Grad Introduction Letter and Overview
- Safe Grad Registration Form
- Flocking Order Form
- Lawn Sign Order Form
- Business Donor Form
- Baby Board Letter (Submit your child's baby picture.)
February 28, 2019 Update:
As the school year progresses, many opportunities will be available to help make this night a success for the CLASS of 2019, including opportunities for undergrad parents to learn about the event for the future!
For current volunteer opportunities or if you have any questions, please contact the Safe Grad Committee at email@example.com or the Safe Grad Committee Co-Chairs: