PTO & Safe Grad
- About the PTO
- PTO Board & Representatives
- PTO Funding Requests
- Meeting Schedule
- Safe Grad Committee
The PTO’s mission is to operate exclusively for charitable, educational, or literary purposes ….
- by conducting supporting activities which benefit, perform the functions of, or carry out the purposes of, the William Hall High School
- to promote the welfare of the students through the coordination and cooperation of students, parents, teachers, other citizens of the Town of West Hartford and the West Hartford Board of Education;
- and to make the school the center of student life by assisting with certain school activities.
Among the PTO’s recent contributions:
- Communication, Connection & School Pride
- A weekly eblast with highlights of current events and ways to get involved which is available to all Hall families
- Baked goods and snacks for a number of events throughout the year including Freshman Orientation, Curriculum Night, and Conferences
- School bling that promotes school spirit (e.g., shopping bags, backpacks and sunglasses with the Hall logo)
- Special Programs:
- Speakers and educational events, collaborating with Conard High School
- Teen Driving and Behavior Awareness Programs for parents and families.
- Funds to support artists and authors in residence
- Faculty & Staff Appreciation:
- Host the teacher and staff welcome back luncheon in the fall
- Teacher-appreciation breakfast in the spring
- Student Enrichment Activities:
- Fully fund and staff Safe Grad
- Support many student activities, including Fall Fest/Spring Fling
- Operate the Hall High Concession Stand for sporting events
- Equipment & Capital Investments:
- $10,000 donation to improve the fitness center
- A new poster printer to share information with students
- A portable PA system
- Recent updates to the faculty lounge
Our Board Members got involved to learn, to meet other parents, to help out or make things better, and to put their skills to good use.
All of our volunteers work (at home, in the community, and/or in paid roles) and give time above and beyond those commitments. Whatever your availability – a few hours or bandwidth to take on a bigger project – we very likely have opportunities that match your interest, skills and desired commitment of time and energy.
Communications: Catherine Flavin, Caren Hector
Membership: Shelley Mendoza, Monica Erhlich
Hospitality: Suzanne Tripp, Lisa Rich
Programming/Community of Concern: Randi O’Brien, Barbara Boyd
Concessions: Louise Theodosio, Carl Cieplinski, Terry Smith
Community Engagement/Corresponding Secretary: To Be Filled
Recording Secretaries: Carolyn Martindale, Patti Hoppin
Treasurers: Laura Harker, Jane Robinson
SafeGrad: Cheryl Wolmer, Kim Howe
Past President (ex-officio): Sarah Townswick
VP Faculty: Dan Zittoun
These roles are liaison or other special roles, which enable coordination of PTO activities with other entities.
PT Council: Kim Vincent
Teacher Appreciation: Becky Azia
Health Advisory Counsel: Carolyn Martindale
WH Education Scholarship Fund: Erin Striff
Representative to the Foundation for West Hartford Public Schools: Erin Striff
West Hartford Education Scholarship Fund Representative: To Be Filled
These are a few of the reasons that PTO Board members got involved. What is yours?
The PTO board reviews and votes on all funding requests. Funding requests are checked in terms of alignment to our mission, value to the broader Hall HS community, and return on the investment.
To request funds from the PTO, please complete the PTO Fund Request Form and submit it to the PTO: email@example.com.
All families are asked to join and become members of the PTO. When you join, PTO members will receive a copy of the Hall Directory, which helps to support parent-to-parent communication.
Click here to Join Online
Donate at whatever level makes sense to your family (donations have ranged from $5 to $500).
Or, if you prefer paper, you send this complete form along with your check made out to the Hall PTO to the office or to a meeting.
Donations collected through our membership drive fund activities and programs that would not otherwise be funded by WHPS.
Meetings start with the President’s Report, and continue to open dialogue and debate about timely issues in each area (e.g. programming, hospitality, communications, etc.). Some meetings also include presentations from school departments and guest speakers.
Our meetings are casual and positive, yet productive and focused. Evening meetings begin at 7 PM and end by 8:30 PM. Morning meetings start at 7:45AM and end by 9:00AM. All are welcome. There are plenty of seats. Come observe, ask questions or raise suggestions. Please watch the eblast for details on location, as the room may change.
Each year on graduation night, Hall High School graduates are treated to a fun-filled evening of entertainment, activities, prizes, and delicious food. The Hall High cafeteria is transformed into an amazing, chaperoned, substance-free celebration for graduates from 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM
SafeGrad Co-Chairs: Cheryl Wolmer, Kim Howe
To offer your assistance or learn more (parents from all grades encouraged to participate):