The Career Center is located at the end of the School Counseling wing.
All students and parents are welcome to visit the Career Center during school hours! The Career Center offers the following services:
1. College Information: College Information: Each fall, the Career Center hosts admission representatives from over 150 colleges and universities giving students the opportunity to interact with them in a small group setting. An updated listing of all college visits can be found on Naviance. Students must sign up on Naviance prior to the visit in order to attend the presentation.
2. Career Exploration: For information about internship, job shadow, peer mentor and mentor programs, contact Carol Wilkas, our District Coordinator (email@example.com).
3. Scholarships/Financial Aid: View the updated listing of scholarships or check Naviance. This site should be checked on a continuing basis to be aware of currently available scholarships and qualifying criteria.
4. SAT and ACT registration information and review books are available in the Career Center.
5. Computers are available to students to explore careers and post secondary options as well as to log onto Family Connection through the Naviance site. The Career Center is also a quiet place to study for students, and they are welcome and encouraged to do so!
6. The Career Center is also a quiet place to study for students, and they are welcome and encouraged to do so!
A complete listing of available scholarships is located in Naviance. Be sure to check this regularly as new scholarships are added to Naviance as they become available! Also, a link to current scholarships may be found below:
Hall's CEEB code is 070-900.
- College Reps Visits
- What if I have a test and am unable to come to the visit?
- I don't see my college listed on scheduled college visits?
Attention College Reps: We are now using RepVisits.com. to schedule college visits. If you are not a RepVisits member, you may schedule a visit by contacting Amy Shaffer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (860-929-5138 ).
Each fall, colleges and universities from all over the country come to Hall High School to meet our students. These visits are a great opportunity for students to meet admissions representatives face-to-face, ask questions of particular importance, and get insight into their curriculum, student life, etc. Representatives are scheduled for one class period and are held in the Career Center unless otherwise noted.
The process to sign up for these visits is now done through Naviance. Please log onto Naviance, click on "colleges", then click on "visits" to see who is coming and to register.
You must register through Naviance and have permission from your teacher to attend visits in the Career Center.
Please check the listing of colleges visits regularly beginning in September as new college visits are added daily.
If you have a college on your "prospective" college list, you will automatically get an email when the college has scheduled a visit to Hall. You will still need to register for the visit.
A weekly listing of college visits is also posted outside the School Counseling Office!
If possible, stop down at the very beginning of the period to introduce yourself to the representative and let them know you are interested in their school but unable to attend the visit. The college representatives that visit Hall are very often the same people that read our applications, so it helps for them to put a face to the name on the application!
- How do I register for the SAT's and ACT's?
- What is our CEEB code?
- I missed the registration deadlines and want to test standby!
You cannot register online to test "standby". Come to the Career Center and pick up the SAT registration packet, which must be brought with you the day of the test. If you are testing standby you must come to Hall between 7:15-7:30 a.m. with the completed packet. DO NOT wait in line, go to the front and let the proctors know that you are testing standby.