Welcome Sophomore Students and Parents!
Assistant Principal Assignments:
Dr. Timothy Kessler: A-F
Mrs. Jillian Carnes: G-N
Mrs. Sarah Isaacs: O-Z
Main Office: 860-232-4561
School Counseling Office:
860-232-4561 ext. 5125
Jean Baril, School Counseling Secretary
Attendance: 860-232-4561 ext. 6599 or ext. 5140 - report all absences via the Attendance Office
Follow us on X! @whallhigh and Instagram @whallhigh
Graduation requirements & course descriptions – See Program of Studies
Setting Up for Success! What is available for academic support?
- Teachers are available to assist with academic issues, study techniques, and extra help outside of class.
- Academic Center - Open during the school day and is staffed by either English or math teachers for support.
- Peer tutors – Sign-up online or see your school counselor.
- Library - Open Mon, Tue, and Fri (7am-4pm) and Wed (7am-3pm)
How to get involved?
- Student Activities Office & College/Career Center (located next to School Counseling Office) – provides information about school clubs/activities and various community volunteer/job opportunities
- Daily Announcements - posted on Hall website daily
- Late Bus: Every Mon, Tue, and Thur (4 pm) and Wed (3pm)
How can parents help?
- Encourage healthy habits: nutrition, sleep, finding a healthy “balance” among school and extracurricular activities.
- Provide a distraction free environment for homework and study time. Monitor technology use.
- Discuss progress reports and report cards
- Have open communication with teachers and school counselor - attend school sponsored programs and parent/teacher conferences. Email teachers with specific questions. Contact school counselor regarding any personal and/or academic concerns about your child.
- Utilize PowerSchool to monitor your child’s academic progress and attendance as needed
- Support and encourage after school activities
- Help promote self-advocacy and problem solving skills
- Allow teens to make mistakes and hold them accountable for poor choices
- Communicate openly with your child. What are their goals? What are their interests? Who are their friends?