The purpose of Junior Planning is to prepare all juniors for their individual post high school choices. Assigned classes will meet each Wednesday during the 3rd quarter. Attendance is mandatory and will be taken.
Topics for this workshop series will include:
- How to conduct post secondary research
- Learning more about post-secondary options (4-year college, 2-year college, trade school, gap year, military, etc.)
- Understanding the requirements and application process for admissions to various options (listed above)
- Registering and preparing for standardized testing (SAT, ACT)
- Creating a Common Application account or another application dependent on student's individual goals
- Writing a resume
- Essay writing tips
- Financial Aid/Scholarships and more!